"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Post 1000 (Give or take)

I've deleted dozens of posts, so I've now reached the 1000 post landmark. The blog has had 150000 hits since Blogger started tracking them (about 30000 before then) and over 9000 people have checked my profile since I started in 2007. Two posts have dominated the number of hits - training schedule for 100 mile run and an answer to whether women can run as fast as men. Those aren't my favorite posts, however; I prefer the ones that have nothing at all to do with running. There have been posts about bad movies, classic literature and experimental cooking, but they don't make the final cut.



My favorite posts so far:

2008 Chiwaupee Race Report A perennial favorite among my readers.
Smart pretty and interesting The most unusual "meet cute" story ever.
2008 stick quest How much can one man eat?
This... is my life Cute story about a squirrel problem.
Dating freakshow continuum Mostly odd photos.
Fighting the black dog How to cope with depression.
Steve Goes on a date (and other atrocities) Skip to the last section... it's funny.
Dibs! Funny.
Snapshots in words Poetic.
Portrait of Jenny My personal favorite.
Laundry - an adventure story
Self-Indulgent Wallow Sad.
Ghosts of Christmas parties past Funny.
If animals ran triathlons Silly (with one very good joke)
The dreaded yearly fashion post Unlikely from me; a popular post.
Resolute Well written.
Two more anecdotes Funny.

5 comments:

PiccolaPineCone said...

how could i forget "portrait of jenny" so beautiful.

Johann said...

This is awesome! I'm nowhere near 1000 posts but also find it interesting what people like to read or search for. Keep going for the next 1000!

Carilyn said...

I've never thought about deleting posts...hmmmm, maybe I should :)

Diana said...

What an amazing collection of posts. Keep them coming.

Jean said...

A little late to the party, but I really enjoyed your list, Steve. I had forgotten about the Ghosts of Christmas Parties Past, and as soon as I saw it, I remembered the comment I wrote. :)

Thanks for sharing, and here's to the next 1000 posts. Keep on writing!